Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2016

Do you mind losing a trade?

The question posed may sound trvial at first glance. But give it a try and think about it.

What have all losses in common? Losses all have the same outcome. But not all losses are the same. A losing trade is a losing trade. There is no harm in it. I have no control over the market. I weigh the risk involved with the supposed trade. Then I decide whether I want to take the risk or not. If my decision is in favour of the trade, then I have to accept the risk involved. If I get angry that I got a loser, then something is off with my trading idea. It would mean, I didn’t fully understand what I was doing. There is no chance without risk involved. And every risk comes with a chance. Risk and chance, each are one side of the same coin.

Mentally / psychologically the degree of pain caused by a loss is stronger than the degree of pleasure caused by a win. That’s the result of millions of years of evolution. But if you think about it, risk is not bad. I embrace risk. Risk gives me the opportunity to gain. But that does not mean I jump on any risky activity and take every risk possible. I weigh the risk and decide after I did my due diligence whether I want to take it or not. If the engagement fails, it failed. Same like a winner. I don’t put much emphasis on a single winner. That doesn’t mean I won’t be happy if I had a 1.000 Pip trade. I’d be smiling from one ear to the other. But in effect, it is just one trade. One single trade is not important. This goes for the winning and for the losing trade. Overall the profit should be greater than the loss. That will put a smile on my face just as big as the 1.000 pip run.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen